Beginning February 1st,
Performance Date April 5th
CLASS Friday’s 4:30-5:30pm for 10 weeks
“Stress Free Body is Proud to Provide A Creative Stress Free Environment Meant To Empower & Thrive In...”~Cat Galli
ABOUT THE COURSE
For kids ages 8-17 who love to act, imagine, create and be with other kids who like to do the same, this is an experience they will have forever. By using acting, improv, voice technique, character study and performance, this class will show students what they are capable of. Through introducing the basics of higher level courses like Sanford Meisner and Uta Hagen, we will give them confidence to grow. By creating an encouraging and empowering environment, these kids will walk away knowing they can do anything.
AIMS OF THE UNIT
Through this course, pupils will...
1. Write, Act, Improv, Dance and Perform in front of a LIVE audience.
2. Have the opportunity to create a show from the ground up.
3. Explore all different parts of creating a show both on stage and off (including writing,
directing, choreography, props, costumes and show promotion).
4. Get audition experience and guidance.
5. Learn not to overthink as we will need to make quick decisions.
6. Begin to test their limits and expand what they originally thought they could do.
7. Use their bodies as expression .
8. Use their space like never before.
9. Learn about speaking so people can hear them and other voice techniques.
10. Learn to LISTEN to others on stage.
11. Learn that theater is a team sport, where it’s all hands working together.
12. Feel confident about performing in front of an audience.
13. Feel achievement performing something created by THEM.
14. Create additional leadership and learning opportunities across the different age groups.
15. Make friends.
16. Laugh a lot.